Sunday, September 04, 2005

The value of friendship

I met Mai this morning at Mc's. We had a nice talk. It is rare to meet her these days cos she has betrayed us easterners and she is now living on the other side of Singapore. Haha haa, Eastern redneck and proud of it. Meeting her just now reinforced my idea of friendship. This has been on my mind for some time now. How much do you value friendship? What does one mean when one is a friend?

See, friendship needs work. Like in any relationship, one needs to work on it. Build bonds, make memories together, share gossip and communicate. I don't understand it when someone told me we will be friends and then guess what, nothing from that person. Do you value your friendship, then?

Amongst my TKAmazons, Sohabahs and other friends we don't meet up as often as we should or like nor do we communicate that often, but see we drop emails, simple SMSes to say hello. Something, anything to tell our friends, 'hey you, U ok there? I am ok and look you are special to me cos we are friends.'

Oh crap... we all have different lives now, careers take up 90% of our time and then family and what nots, sure very little time left for friends. I so do understand. "X is busy. Work is tough, u know. That's why X has not been keeping in contact." Bullshit! Everybody is busy and don't talk to me about being busy. I am busy too. Teaching does not stop when the bell goes at 245. I am stressed and busy that I even dream of working at night. And my friends who do keep in touch are also busy, busy ppl too. That person is not the only busy person around. Hey, we all can keep in touch. It does not take 10 mins to SMS or drop an email.

Well, I give up! Here is an eulogy to X:

X, we were friends. We had good times, we shared a lot and I truly enjoyed our conversations. X was funny, fun and interesting to be with. Things happened and we had a falling out. My fault, I know. But we promised to remain friends. But X did not keep X's end of the promise. I was disappointed. X, I tried, you know I did. So X, goodbye. I will stop trying. X was missed, but now no longer.

2 comments:

Lambchop said...

hey gal, i know wat u mean ... juz last nite i had a relapse and felt like stabbing myself .. so dat physical pain is more than emotional pain .. I posted this statement on my blog and guess wat? A fren of mine was so concerned that she called and msg me and make me promise that if i ever feel dat way again, i was to call her and not stab myself .. makes me feel dat u might not have the friendship of another person, but there are other frens ard u .. and many more that you might meet again someday .. case in point? read my new blog on blogspot .. in any case, i'll always offer a listening ear to u, if u ever need one

czarinah - Queen said...

Thanks, gal. I don't want to stab myself. Haha. But if I did, I will give you a call.

We talked about this, you know what I mean in my blog. You know it is not the same. No worries. I have decided to let it go once and for all.