Monday, December 19, 2005

going to Aceh...

Leaving for Aceh in the morning and I am tired even before I leave. The past week had been a flurry of activities and there were so many things to do to prepare for this project. I have never packed so many things in my entire life before. 33 boxes of stuff and almost a tonne of baggage in all. we were stuck in the airport for more than 5 hours because of the excess baggage. there was no more money left from the funds to pay for the 300 plus kilos of excess baggage. We thought we have to fork out our own money but we sent an SOS to someone and that someone managed to raise $1500 in 3 hours. Phew! Lucky we checked in 1 day earlier. Imagine if we checked in tmr morning. We will never leave Singapore.

Oh gosh, I have so many bruises on my knees. After this I am not touching cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and masking tape for at least 5 years.

I hope I will learn many things on this trip. I know I am going there as an educator but I have a feeling that I will be the one educated.

Aceh is packed with foreigners now. All the world's media will focus their attention to Aceh and the other places hit by the Tsunami last year. I jkeep forgetting that and kept imagining Aceh as a quiet place. Not so quiet if many teams are going there.

Ok, pray for my safety and wish me luck.

No comments: