Wednesday, June 11, 2008

days of indulgence

School break is just about ending and I have only been able to enjoy it this week, despite the marking. First week of hols was spent in school. The weekend was spent in Phuket and I came home, fell ill and spent the rest of the 2nd week at home recuperating and marking. So my husband says I should go out, get some exercise, do my marking elsewhere and have some fun. I think he is tired of seeing me sleeping all the time or buying a lot of stuff online out of sheer boredom.

So, with the license to roam Singapore, I headed down to Vivocity on Monday cos I was meeting someone for Coach wristlets I bought online (yes, I am a Coach addict) and thought I would be spending the rest of the day marking at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. I did mark - 1 class out of 3 - and then I went shopping.(by the way, don't try the chicken lasagna at CBTL. it is awful) I thought that I wouldn't be spending much since I won't be buying clothes for a while but I was wrong. I bought ....

1. An umbrella that costs $58 (I love Japanese umbrellas - shh, don't tell my husband. He has not seen the umbrella ...or the Coach wristlets)

2. A craft scissors that can cut in colonial pattern. $4.90. trying to start on scrap booking. So I thought I buy some cheap stuff now and then.

3. Stationery - self inking stamps ($4 x 4) red pens ($2.85) post it notes in apple and heart shape ($4), decorated wooden pegs ($3.90). I love stationery. My desk has lots of different shaped magnets, clips, post it notes, stamps, stickers. I would always get excited when I see a stationery shop. I would buy more of such stuff even though I have about 5 post it notes in various colours and shapes, a boxful of stickers and a drawerful of clips and a board full of magnets.

And all this I bought on the way to Mothercare to look for a belly band, which I did not get as they were out if stock. Oh Mothercare at Harbour Front is superbly huge! They sell all kinds of strollers, cots and other kinds of baby furniture. But also superbly expensive. I never knew a stroller/bassinet can cost up to $1800! The baby furniture is really beautiful. Made of solid cherry/oak wood, I very nearly drooled. Only the rich elites would get such stuff. Our babies can content with cheap cots or mattresses.

So that was my Day 1 outing. Tuesday I decided to stay home. I was actually tired from the Vivo outing. And today, I decided it has to be the day I brave Orchard Road during GSS. First I went to Paragon cos I wanted to get my URS inc. membership card. It was also a good excuse to shop at LA Senza and buy new pyjama pants. I ended up buying 5 pairs of pants at a discounted price of $112 cos I am a member.

Then, I went to Jason's cos I wanted Korean strawberries but it's not in season. Saw cherries but they are from USA, so decided against it. I like Korean or Japanese fruits, they taste nicer and of course more expensive.

Then went to Daiso, bought stickers. Spent $10.

Then went to Made With Love (scrap booking store) and after aimlessly looking at their beautiful stuff and not knowing what to buy, I decided I just have to sign up for a class. So $35 for a class on the 20th of June.

Thank goodness I was tired after that and decided to go home. Or else I would be spending so much more.

Hmm...tmr is another day...maybe I go down to Geylang. Another place to shop. Heh heh.

2 comments:

Jayelle said...

Hi there:)

I hope my comment doesn't sound too spammish, but I ended up here while searching for people who like stickers.

I have a small sticker business online to earn some pocket money. :) I stock up on absolutely adorable stickers. I've been collecting stickers ever since I was a little girl. :)

Please drop by to feast your eyes on the myriad of colours!

The Sticker Monster

Alexander Ho said...

Hellos! Alexander from 4c here~! :D
La Senza IS SOOO EXPENSIvE! haha. Gosh, the prices are like sky high, for underwear. >.<
Haha. Cheeros! O levels are COMING. (You-are-gonna-die-very-soon kinda music plays in background.)CHEEROS~!