Saturday, November 12, 2005

Read the entire shopoholic books by Sophie Kinsella.. they are positively, briliantly funny. It took me about 2 days to read all the 4 books. My fave has got to be Shopoholic Abroad. "It's on sale...so I am actually saving some $" Honestly, poor logic..but unfortunately it is a logic that most women fall back on when it comes to shopping. Wish I have her life though, someone to help her deal with her shopping problems and debt. Not that I have a shopping problem. But would just love to go on a spending spree...everyday. Wish I have a rich relative who dotes on me and give me money or I won a million dollar lucky draw. Imagine all the shopping I can do. Actually, I probably won't do all that shopping. I probably invest all that money for old age or early retirement. Security first... shopping later. So owning a real Burberry, Prada or LV will remain in my dreams for about forever. Anyway, could buy imitations. No one can tell the difference.

On the bright side, after reading these 4 books and 1 other book, i have increased my readership by (let's see now, 5 /2 * 100 = 250) 250%. woah, that's cool. Now i have time to read. I can even peruse over the newspapers at leisure. There is plenty of work to do left in school but there is enough time for me to slow down and take stock of my life. Read more, for instance. Go take up classes. Exercise ( ok, not really, but it is in my plans ... the weather has not been kind lately. The rain, you know...otherwise, I am just too tired). Well, at least I rediscovered the joys of reading and I am making another one of my childhood dreams come true (shall not say what it is). I have not been watching tv nor switched on my computer for the last 2 days because I was engrossed in reading. Cool huh. Just like the old days when I was still schooling. In my uni days I had to do speed reading...have to read plenty for tutorials. But, well the library in NUS was well stocked with gzilllions and gzillions of interesting books. When I got bored of studying or research, I could go look in the art or design books in the open bookshelves. Or if I was at the restricted Singapore and Malaysian collection, could read all the LAT comic books or read up on fantastic history or people. Read about Imelda Marcos once. Tragic story. Poor Imelda...

Righto, now off to do one of the many activities I have lined up for this holiday.

No comments: