Thursday, November 24, 2005

Sleepless in AHS

11 pm and I am in the teachers' room. Not doing work, fortunately. Just have to be around for the Softball bonding camp. I had every intention to enjoy myself at this camp but I had to fall sick the morning of the camp. Was feverish and I could not eat at all. Arrived in school and threw up all my undigested dinner (disgusting). I couldn't eat anything after that. As of now, I have only eaten a slice of watermelon. Initially I couldn't even hold down water. I want to throw up all the time. I am kind of hungry but the thought of eating makes my stomach queasy and I feel sick.

I was too sick to even cheer for the friendly matches. It seems that opening my mouth will cause me to want to throw up. Both teams won though, good for them. Proud of my gals. Their fielding has improved but base running is poor. They need to be more confident as well. Same goes for the boys. Confidence is key. I have a dream...to break the RI winning streak. Can't we? I hope and I know we could. Or at least get the top 4 positions in all the tournaments and continue to do so for years to come. I don't see why not, though. My B boys are as good as any other top teams. They just need to believe in themselves. My C boys are coming on strong, they will be as good, I am sure. There is a long way still for the girls but they can emerge victorious one day.

Meanwhile, I am impressed with the outcome of this camp. There is still one more day to go and they might just disappoint me, but so far I was happy with what they have planned. Those who planned the camp are good, responsible leaders. Without much guidance, they have managed to make this camp a success, so far. I am really pleased.

It is close to midnight. I have to go check on them. Looks like I wont really be sleeping much tonight. I tried to sleep earlier on cos I was not well. My sleep was always interrupted by phone calls and SMS that I could not sleep for long. Snatches of only 10 to 15 minutes. Oh goodness, I am really sleepy but I need to go and check on them.

No comments: