Tuesday, December 26, 2006

how quickly things change

I was looking through my uni notes for inspiration. Found some of the papers I wrote during my PS/SEA days and I was happy that I did make good grades. I marveled at some of my work because it has been so long and I am not so sure I can do the same kind of work I did before. It seemed like a lifetime ago and yet uni life was very enlightening and intellectually enriching. I even found my Honours thesis. I still am not proud with what I did. A 12,000 word full of crap. I shoved it back into the cupboard with disgust. I found an assignment I did with 2 other people for module Change and Diaspora in SEA. We did on the changing rituals of Malay weddings. That is one cool assignment. And I am amused when I read the insciption we put for our lecturer. "Laksa is not served at Malay weddings. Maybe food served at weddings will revolutionise in the future." Upon reading it, it struck me that Laksa IS now served at Malay weddings. The food served HAS revolutionised. That project was done 6 years ago. I still remember how much I had learnt during that project. So much I did not know and I still do not know. The thought of this project and how much has changed in such a short space of time and the fact that time just flew by was mind boggling. All I could think about was "WOW". Amazing. By the way, we got an A grade for it. :)

No comments: