Monday, June 20, 2005

5 days 4 nights in KL

Juts came home from KL. Fun trip but tiring. Went on Wednesday morning via AEROLINE. A bus company that offers a plush ride to KL and straight to Chorus hotel. The seats in the bus are nice and clean. Very comfy. High deck too. Plus they have a cabin crew that serves food and drink. A tad expensive though. Chorus hotel is a 4 star hotel. Very near to KLCC. Walking distance and next to Avenue K. I had a room all to myself which is cool.

On the first day, we went around KLCC immediately after we checked in. we spent a few hours just going round and round the mall and window shop. Met a few of my relatives there. We were so surprised to see the other. At night we went Chinatown. Wonderful bargains but since it is our first night in KL I did not buy a lot of thinsg because dont want to run out of $. But really, a lot of cool and branded stuff at a cheaper price and the haggling is just fantastic.

Woke up the next day to eat breakfast at A&W. Then we went to Masjid India to look for scarves and my mum's stuff. It is not as fun as I would expect. The scarves look very normal. We were trying to find Italian donatella scarves but they are pretty ex in KL. One shop sold it cheaper but we didn't know. We fell in love with 2 yellow scarves and tried to haggle. She wanted $18 each and would not even lower a single red cent. So she told us to take a walk first and see if her price are not good. So we did and well her words are true so we came back to jher but what a rude shock we had. She refused to sell us the scarves. I was so insulted and embarrassed. My sister was mad. My bro in law was disgusted. Seriously, we were willing to buy her scarves at her price and she turned us down. And she wouldn't even give us any kind of sales service. She practically ignored us and said "not selling". Tolak rezeki betul pompuan ni. Adake boleh buat niaga macam gitu. Macam mana lah orang Melayu tak maju. Tak tahu nak pikat pelanggan. Entahlah, susah nak cakap...Anyway it was usch a contrast to Chinatown. The stall owners in Chinatown were enticing us to buy theirs goods and treating customers like kings and queens and were giving us good prices. All I know is that next time I go to KL and buy scarves, I am never buying from that woman.

Went to Berjaya Times Square next. I wanted to go there to ride the roller coaster. We had lunch at Kenny Rogers first. Was very full by the time we dinished eating. We went to teh theme park to check it out. It is rather interesting and we saw how thrilling teh roller coaster ride is. I was quaking in my sandals at the thought of riding teh roller coaster. But we were too full and i know I would throw up my very delicious black pepper kenny rogers chicken if i were to ride it then. So we decided to pray and shop first. There are 8 floors and up to 5 floors were occupied. I finally found a pair of shoes i liked and bought another pair of sandals. The show shop is called VAMP and tehy are setting up a store in Sg soon. By the time we finished shopping we were too tired to do the theme park. So we had to skip it and we had to rest at Secret Recipe and pig out on cakes. We had hazelnut cheesecake, raspberry cheesecake and Tiramisu. How very sinful. hehehe.

Went back to hotel for some reprieve and then went back to KLCC for more shopping. Bought Rm230 worth of makeup from M.A.C because my sis said I have to wear makeup in order to attract guys. I thought "why not? Makeup is fun. Dont have to attract guys though. They should look at me beyond my physical beauty or defects". Had a fast makeover session too. Had to shop for pants but the prices were ridiculous. We stopped at Coffee Bean for a light snack and drinks. Maybe teh makeup really works plus glossy lips and all, the guy at the counter practically was trying to catch my eye and smiling at me. hehehe. My sis and bro in law can't stop teasing me about it. We chatted until it was time to watch BAtman Returns at 1145. Very cool show.

2 days in KL so far. Very fun and exciting. But I think the standards of living is so much higher than in Singapore. A lot of thinsg are costly. Food is costly for Malaysians I feel. Oh and the sun...thought I would be running away from softball training but the sun was so much hotter than in Singapore. The humidity was low and you hardly perspire but we did get dehydrated easily. And so drying. On the second day, my face became red like sunburnt. I had to use so much sunblock and mosturizer. And the pollution is terrible. A walk along the road made my face itch after that. And I was sneezing away due to the dust particles. I am that sensitive to dust and pollution.

Anyway it is 112 am and i need to sleep. Will continue the rest of my journey another time.

1 comment:

chups said...

hello? wat happened to your blog? where's your tag? hope u saved the html codes...