Sunday, June 05, 2005

holiday blues - got hit on the head

Well..I did it. After much cajoling from my dear sohabah, I went and got this blog set up. It took some time, but at least the skeleton is up. I wanted to wait until it is all perfect before I post a blog but I forsee that this blog is a project that will never finish. I will probably change it every now and then. So, watch this space for more new stuff in time to come.

It is the holidays and I am blue. I went shopping today and I didn't really enjoy it. I was in a reverie much of the time. I was thinking about my life. A dangerous place to go because the last time I thought about my life like this, I was in my quarterlife crisis. I just hope that I won't go into a second crisis ever again in my life. Going through a crisis was very painful, depressing and lonely. Seriously, if I didn't have faith, family and good friends, I probably have gone into a full blown depression and God knows what I might have done. That was 4 years ago. Good news is, I know I can prevent myself from going into a crisis. Cos I figured out why I am feeling lousy. I can't say it here, perhaps I will never tell anyone the reason. It is too personal. But, I know how to remedy the situation. I have to follow my dreams, even though I may be alone while pursuing them.

Why did I not think of it before? Perhaps getting hit on the head by a softball woke me up. Lucky it was thrown by a sec 1 girl. If it was thrown by one of the boys, I'd probably have a concussion. Yupps, softball are not soft and if you insist it is so, you need a hit on the head by one. Hey, my head still hurts k...

forgive me for being a bit philosophical these days... one needs to look at life and question it from time to time. It doesn't help that I have been reading some philosophical books lately. Yesterday I read Z for Zachariah and A Brave New World. Today I read The Orange Girl by Jostein Gaardner. All pretty much philosophical and question certain theories and assumptions of life. I was even doing a parallel with St Exepury's The Little Prince while reading The Orange Girl. These are good books to read, maybe a bit heavy for some but very good books indeed. Certainly, I look at life differently each time I read these books.

Life, Oh life... If I were at the brink of the universe and I had to choose to live my life for a short span on earth only to be wrenched back from it, never to return or to say no, thank you because I cannot except the rules... I would choose the short span on earth.

The dream of something unlikely has its own special name. We call it HOPE. - the orange girl

No comments: