Tuesday, June 21, 2005

KL trip continued

KL is really bustling. We went around via the monorail and LRT. It is rather easy to get around KL. Everywhere is connected by train. Oh and the food! Food glorious food!. Almost everything is halal. We ate and ate and never skipped a meal. I regretted not buying the hot dog at GV. Not that it probably taste any different from other kind of hot dogs but it is an experience, right? I gained weight after 5 days. I can't refuse the food because I just love the food.

Oh and you know the traffic lights are cute. Okie, interesting not cute. You know in Singapore, the green man just stands there and blinks but in KL the green man that signals padestrians to cross actually walks and it will speed up to show that the time is running out. It is cool.

By the third day of shopping, I felt really tired and my legs were hurting. My thighs and calf muscles never had to work so hard. Had to check out of the comfy 4 star Chorus Hotel and we extended our stay till 3 pm beause we wanted to take a nap. We never made full use of the facilities or the things in our hotel rooms. I discovered there were extra pillows in one of the cupboards half hour before checking out. How silly!

Moved off to Maluri Hotel in Cheras. I was initially sad having to move away from KLCC and i was crushed to arrive in Maluri because Cheras is a suburb and it looks so residential without any form of shopping or fun. It looked so ulu. The only saving grace was the Jaya Jasco nearby. Not too bad and we had such a good meal at Shakey's. My sis and bro in law went for their business meeting at PGRM so I decided to watch TV and sleep early. I was very very tired. The aircon was very dry in our room and i was very dehydrated. My skin had started to peel and I had to wake up a few times in the night to get a drink.

Next morning ate nasi lemak at the road side and we went to Menara PGRM again. Played SmartMoney. It is a very interesting game. I was hooked on it. It is a simple board game but the objective is to achieve more passive income than active income. I have always thought about money for my future and this game made me think even further. Everybody who is working should play this game. It is a great financial advisor.

I had the chance to shop around at Jaya Jasco. They had problems with credit cards cos MayBank was upgrading the system. So they had to charge manually. I was fascinated but it was very troublesome. Oh Malysians service is not too great and they are slow. Not very efficient but they make up for it by being very polite. Somehow when people are polite it makes up for everything else. Singaporeans sales staff are very efficient and all but soemtimes they are so not polite and that is a turn off.

That night I went for the leadership seminar in place of my bro in law cos he went to York, England for work. I was told to dress formally but purposely did not bring any clothes suitable for the seminar. So what I wore that night was mostly bought in KL. The only thing from home is my brooch and watch. Hehee. New top, pants, scarves, handbags and shoes and don't forget the new makeup! If I had more time and options i probably would have bought a new brooch and watch too. Seminar was very motivating but a little over the top. Fell asleep at the end but I was convinced about the Network 21 system. The first thing that hit me when I went in the auditorium was that people were very excited. They are from Singapore, Brunei and Malaysia and they believe in this sytem. Then the idea is not to get rich quick but to work to build up the Amway business and get rich via the business. I was sold. I want to retire early and spend more time with my family and do my hobbies. The more I thought about it, the lesser my scepticism became. Seriously, I like teaching and I love my students but the amount of work I put in now is going to make me burn out in a few years time. If I do get married and have children, no way am I going to put in this much effort. And looking at my sis and her family and their struggle not to make ends meet but the struggle to look after their own children and spend time with them makes me resolved that there has to be a better way. Plus, I know that in order to live this lifestyle that I have now when I am older, I need to make more money and I dont think money will come in via conventional work.

last day in KL and one more seminar in the morning. Phenomenal experience. Think i would like to go for the next weekend seminar.

Okie, that's it. Running out of steam so I had better end here. Adios...

No comments: