Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Old injuries

It is amazing how old injuries come back to haunt you. My right ankle and left elbow twinges when moved in a certain way. My right ankle's injury took me by surprise just now. It sort of twisted and gave a crack which hurt and made me lose my balance. Fell down, but I stopped the ball anyway. It still hurts when I twist them around. But, no pain no glory....? What glory? it's not like I am taking part in any tournaments. Oh well, satisfaction, I suppose. The competitor in me, the 'it is all or nothing' person, the 'you go girl, you can do it' character that does not give up that drives me to play just now.

I feel kinda guilty about my elbow. Every now and then when I exercise and my left elbow twinge, I remembered what my physiotherapist said at the last appointment 2 years ago : Now you are discharged, but you need to use weights to strenthen your left arm and you need to straighten it further another 5-10 degrees. (oh, if you straighten your arm, the angle is more than 180, my right is 194, but my left after it got broken is 18 something. So, when I straighten both arms, they are not parallel.) Well, it twinges and it is so weak. I can't support my weight with my left arm! The elbow really hurts. A constant reminder that I push myself too hard to attain excellence in sports, but I don't learn...I still push myself harder. Except for skating of course, that sport, I will take it easy... Don't want to risk another broken limb. heh heh.

Now, I am suffering from 2 old injuries, pain in the neck and stiff shoulders. I am not very comfortable. oooh my neck....my ankle, my elbow....Ow!

No comments: