Monday, March 13, 2006

friends

The following is taken from my best friend's blog. It warms the very cockles of my heart. :)

From Ana's blog:
2day i was reminded of what friends are..and how we take our friends for granted based on the duration of the friendship
Many friends come. Most friends go. Most remain in the shadows, in the handphone as contacts..never smsed or called but just as a reminder tt we were once friends who kept in contact because we were in the same school...or same workplace. Never used the number but just cant delete the contact file..just in case (tho there is never a case to call or catch up) So in handphone we have hundreds of so called friends...
Yet, how many friends are ever on the frequent sms list? How many on the recently received and dialled list? Are we friends cos we hang out at the same place, study in the same school, work in the same department, live in the same area or are we friends so we want to study in the same area, work in the same department, hang in the same area?
Are you a friend just cos u knew me 10 yrs ago? Are you not a friend cos we used to talk regularly few yrs ago but we don't anymore? Are you a friend cos you see me at work everyday and you ask me bout my day?Are you not a friend cos we only meet once a year?
A friend called me earlier today and told me "i've known you for 9 yrs so i need you to be a reference for clearance".Told. Not asked. I was so offended cos We were extremely close for 9 yrs but not anymore. Havnt been for a while. so does it count? Do i really wanna hav a friend who calls only to remind me we were close for a decade so favours can be called in as and when required? Where has tt friendship lead us? Is there stil anything i stil get from tt friendship tt i cant get anywhere?
Anotehr friend said late this nite..wah..you n z hav been friends for so long already ah! And then me n tt z realised tt we have kept in touch and been der for each other for 20 yrs. Not hi bye..but actual go out and hang once every few months. When we go out, she instantly tells me ( not ask but tell) to sit n she will get my food cos she knows i wont want to get my own food. Someone heard us and was surprised cos it was just so natural for us to read each others mind without realising it. She said the same thing i had typed bout the whole marriage thing...before she read my previous entry. she has hav never implied tt i hav to be nicer to her cos she's known me the longest...In fact..i can be super lazer with her and yet it has never affected our friendship.
Are you nice because you are my friend or are you my friend because you are nice?
Just to let ya know i love ya- the amazons, the babes, the girls.
Z - happy 20th anniversary!!!!

Happy 20th anniversary to you too, Farhana! :)

No comments: