Thursday, March 30, 2006

For the love of the game

My B division boys - My Gentlemen
Their dreams are shattered. Hopes of glory gone. My heart feels heavy for them. Tears in my eyes. It is hard for me to see them thwarted again then I am sure it must be harder for them.
I have seen how hard they have worked to improve themselves. I could sense their desire to win. They have a vast knowledge of the game, but circumstances are not on their side, again. Their journey as AHS softballers will come to a close in a few days time, a journey that was cut short. It may end for now but I do hope they will continue on their journey in softball in years to come. Don't give up, my boys. Be strong and prevail, one day you will achieve the gold.
A group of gentlemen. Smart, funny, charming, polite, humble, disciplined and talented - was the feedback a lot of teachers had given me. I could not agree more. I am very proud of them mainly because they have good character. I would like to follow up on them when they leave AHS, to see the paths they will take. I am sure they will continue to be the gentlemen they are today and I would like to be there to applaud them in their future successes.
They have not disappoint me, they are and will always be my gentlemen.

No comments: