Friday, March 17, 2006

I am not ashamed, I did it.

I did it. Finally. Yes, I did something that I have been thinking of doing for close to a year. I was apprehensive. I never dared to do it. Everytime I wanted to do it, I chickened out. I always think of what my friends and family will say if I were to do it. Would they shake their heads and look at me with exasperation and disappointment? Or would they give me a lecture? Would anyone support me? But, I went and did it anyway. I did not consult anyone. I was quite afraid at first. I couldn't sleep at all last night. The thought of doing it scared me but I wanted to do it anyway. I know I must do it at whatever the cost. I decided not to think about it anymore, I must just jump in and do it. I know people who have done it, so why should I not do it? In the end I am glad I did it. I enjoyed the entire process of doing it and I am not ashamed to say I did it.







Yes, I finally made a pair of customised Adidas running shoes. Heh, what were you thinking?

Yeah, it cost a bomb but I had to make one. Apparently few running shoes on the shelf suited my needs and feet problems. I had enough of suffering from shin splints everytime I run with my current pair of track shoes. Left foot is flat footed (a result of too much walking and running - must be the teaching career). Never was flat footed, i was quite devastated to find out. Plus I have bunions on both feet, very bad one on my right foot. So I need a broad pair of shoes with a good stiff cushioning. There are a few brands with several models that suited my needs but they are damn ugly. Imagine a pair of white based shoes with shiny silver and light green trims. And they are pretty expensive anyway. So, I might as well top up a bit to get my own customised pair with colours I like and my name embroidered on it.

Yeah, I am glad I did it and I enjoyed the entire process. heh, serious. Doing the tests and all was quite fun. But you have to be quite thick skinned cos there will be loads of people watching. Felt like a star for a bit. Hahha. Cool. In 4 weeks I will have my new Adiddas running shoes. No more shin splint, painful arches and heels. Yeah! :)

No comments: