Sunday, March 26, 2006

my mind's a blank

I am so tired, my back is aching, I feel stressed and I just want to cry. I have spent the entire weekend on doing up notes, slides and whatever stuff for school. Today alone, I spent hours in front of the laptop. my back hurts. In my mind, when I think of the subjects I teach, I see myself hyperventilating cos it seems like it is so overwhelming and I am so tired and I can't breathe because there are so many things to do and I don't know if my students are learning enough. It is bad enough I have nightmares, now I am being Ally McBealish.

Should teacher's blog? That is the question in today's Life. So, some feel that teachers should not and if they do, not to complain. Well, well, ok, I agree if there are complaints, then the students and issues should remain anonymous. Understandable. No point slurring someone's good name on the net. I do admit that I do complain vehemently about my profession when I am in the mood to do so. So, we teachers complain and some complain through blogging. By doing so, are we being not professional. Maybe, I guess there is a limit to what can be blogged. I have no issues there. What I can't phantom is that why is it that ST likes to spotlight on the wrongs/misdeeds/misjudgements of teachers? Are teachers saints? How come there is a higher morality standards for teachers. How come mistakes made, no matter if it is small, are unforgivable because, get this, we are teachers? ST should perhaps highlight what the actual job of teachers. Rhetorical questions, I may have. I will stop at this point before it gets worse.

Hey, I have nothing against the profession. I do like teaching and interacting with students. I took a career test, and well, teaching is my no. 1 ability. Well, hey, looks like teaching is in my blood. But, that does not mean I can't complain and wonder about the circumstances I am in. If I don't like teaching, would I in my right mind feel bad because I don't have enough time to design interactive lessons? Okie, getting all stressed up again.

With luck I will get through till Friday without actually hyperventilating.

No comments: